Shaving in the shower is convenient for several reasons; however, it has its own set of challenges.
One of the most annoying limitations is not being able to see what you’re doing when you’re trying to shave because of inadequate lighting or because your mirror is always obscured by condensation.
Among the most useful gifts that I have received is the Toilettree LED Fogless Shower Mirror; although I wasn’t expecting this particular present, I have been pleasantly surprised with it and have been using it for years.
The Toilettree company was founded in 2010 by Gary Parisi and his sons in Rockland County, NY. It originated as a hobby, allowing them to remain in contact with one another, but it soon grew into a full-time business due to the increased demand for their quality and innovative products.
Size: 9.5″W x 7.5″H (external dimensions)
Mirror surface: 8″W x 6″H
Price: $39.95 (for lighted model; travel mirror is $17.95)
Rating: 4.5/5 (excellent)
This product comes packaged securely in a box with mounting instructions using a removable silicone adhesive; it is very secure and mounts easily within a few minutes.
This mirror has a compartment behind it for adding hot water prior to your shower, allowing the reflective surface to remain completely free of fog every time that you shower.
Included with this product are 3 AA batteries required for illumination of the mirror by the LED lights, which is very handy if your shower is a dimly-lit environment.
- Clean the area of the shower wall to which you plan to affix the mirror.
- Mount the adjustable bracket to your shower wall using the adhesive (pull off the protective plastic over the adhesive).
- Place the 3 AA batteries (included) into their compartment on the back of the mirror.
- Place your razor onto the built-in ledge below the mirror.
- Fill the water compartment (located on the back side of the mirror) with hot water before showering to keep the reflective surface completely fogless.
- Slide the mirror component onto the adjustable bracket and tilt the mirror into the position best suited for shaving.
- Use the squeegee provided (stores easily within groove on ledge) to remove excess water from the mirror for an optimal view.
- Turn on the LED lights using the button on the right side of the mirror.
- Begin shaving after washing your face and application of pre-shave products.
- After you’re finished shaving, empty the water compartment and turn off the LED lights.
- LED lights powered by 3 AA batteries (included) for illumination of dark shower spaces.
- Completely fogless (using hot water); does not use a chemical coating that can degrade over time.
- Shatterproof reflective surface.
- Adjustable bracket allows you to get the best view for shaving.
- Mounts easily and quickly with removable adhesive; does not rely on suction cups, which will eventually fall.
- Built-in shelf for your razor and a squeegee (included).
- Rust-free and will not discolor bathroom/shower surfaces.
- Affordable with more inexpensive options available.
- Can be fairly difficult to remove the adhesive from some surfaces (e.g., tile); however, I left mine at my house (attached to glass wall) when I moved out.
- The reflection can be somewhat distorted.
- The adjustable bracket will wear out with time.
As I mentioned earlier, this was one of the most practical gifts that I have received over the years.
The self-stick adhesive doesn’t wear off, and it has remained affixed to the shower wall for 7-8 years.
It takes just a few seconds to fill the reservoir with hot water prior to your shower, making it completely fogless every single time that you shower.
The built-in shelf is very convenient for storing your razor in between shaves, keeping it free of excess moisture.
The squeegee also helps to quickly optimize your view before you shave so that you can see what you’re doing.
I have heard complaints that the adhesive is very difficult to remove, but I simply purchased a new mirror and left my old one in place after moving (it really isn’t that expensive in the grand scheme of things).
The adjustable bracket will eventually wear out; however, it’s really only an issue if you live with multiple people using the same shower to shave.
As for some complaints about the reflective surface being somewhat distorting, I have been shaving with mine for quite a while and have not had a problem with the view.
Overall, this is a very good product with careful attention to detail while providing a clear reflection and making shaving in the shower much easier.
The convenience of this product easily justifies the price, in my opinion.
If you’re interested in trying this mirror for yourself, simply click on any of the linked images or texts.
If you have used this product, please let me know what you liked/didn’t like about it in the “Comments” section below.